If you have been living under a rock, let us be the first to tell you that pickleball is here to stay!
Check out this simple list to help get you started.
Court and Equipment:
- Pickleball is played on a court with a low net in the middle.
- You need your Pickles Athletic paddle, ball, and court chalk if you want to draw up some lines.
- The game begins with an underhand serve from behind the baseline.
- The serve must be hit diagonally to the opponent's service zone.
- After the serve, each team must let the ball bounce once on their side before hitting it.
- After the double bounce, players can hit the ball in the air or after a bounce.
Volley and Non-Volley Zone:
- The non-volley zone, also known as the kitchen, is the area near the net.
- Players cannot hit the ball out of the air while inside the kitchen.
- They can only step into the kitchen to hit the ball after it has bounced outside the kitchen.
- Only the serving team can score points.
- A point is awarded if the receiving team fails to return the ball or hits it out of bounds.
- Games are played to 11, but you must also win by a margin of two points (a bit like a tie break in tennis).
- When the serving team scores a point, the server switches sides, and the partner takes the serve.
- This ensures that both teams have an equal chance to score from each side of the court.
If you have any questions - send us a dm on Instagram and we will get back to you ASAP.